Merton Place is a high quality care home, which is purpose built to provide an ideal environment to cater for the individual needs of our residents, whilst the specially designed furnishings create a warm, friendly and homely environment.
The residential accommodation is on three floors, which are accessible by lifts. There are kitchen / dining areas on each floor and these areas are equipped to provide hot meals to residents in a flexible and homely environment. There are separate quiet lounges on each floor that residents can use if they wish.
Merton Place has its own industrial kitchen and laundry, ensuring that all housekeeping services can be provided by our dedicated staff team.
Our well-equipped bedrooms are bright, safe and comfortable and have the following:
- En-suite bathroom with access to disabled shower, toilet and hand-basin
- All rooms have profile beds and built in wardrobes
- Nurse-call system, allowing residents to contact staff
- Televisions with freeview
- Internet access
We encourage our residents to personalise their bedroom, by bringing their own personal belongings such as pictures and ornaments.
Merton Place has an enclosed and well-maintained garden; with access via the ground floor. In addition, there is a terrace on the first floor overlooking the rear garden that residents can also use. The gardens are fully wheelchair accessible, and have numerous seating areas for residents to enjoy if they wish.
Merton Place has incorporated a number of unique facilities for residents and visitors to the home; these include:
- Hairdressing Salon
- Ensuite Guest Room, which can be used by families in the event of an emergency
- Offstreet car and bike parking, situated at the rear of the home
Residents are encouraged to maintain as much independence as possible, with this in mind Merton Place offers the following services:
- Daily newspaper (upon request)
- Choice of doctor (residents are also able to retain their own local GP)
- Choice of Chiropodist; a qualified chiropodist visits Merton Place regularly (residents are also able to retain their own chiropodist).
- Choice of Dentist (residents are also able to retain their own dentist)
- Choice of Optician
- Complimentary therapist upon request
- Internet access in bedrooms (subject to additional charge).
- Kitchenette for visitors to make drinks
There is a designated Meeting Room that can be used for a wide range of purpose; this could be staff training, internet access and a venue for internal and external Multi Disciplinary Team meetings/training for local professionals.